Where to buy:
This unit is a DIY kit. You install the OS on your own. In order to use your Sen Pi you must download and install Batocera:
Full instructions here: https://noticemesenpi.com/install-batocera-retroarch/
Batocera comes with a copy of Kodi for slinging media, however, if you do not want to use your Sen Pi for retro games, you can only install kodi by following these instructions: https://noticemesenpi.com/install-kodi-on-the-sen-pi/
The Sen Pi is more powerful than the Raspberry Pi 3 & 4 for emulation
- CPU: ARM Cortex A53 quad-core CPU @ 2.0 GHz
- GPU: Mali-450 @ 600MHz+
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB Internal Memory
- External SD Slot (for your OS, games, or media)
- 4 USB Ports
- Bluetooth 4
- Wifi b/g/n
- HDMI (4k capable for media, 1080p for gaming)
Game Save Data – READ THIS
Before you rage and throw your controller, read this: Your save game files may disappear if the game and/or the system are improperly shut down (power loss, etc.).
For safety, we recommend using the “save state” feature built into the Sen Pi (keys can be mapped in the input menu). You can also enable an auto-save feature.
Systems Supported by Batocera (DIY Install)
- NES, SNES, Gameboy, GBA, DS, N64 (limited support – Zelda, Mario, DK64 are great), PS 1 (limited support), PSP, Sega Genesis/Megadrive, 32X, TurboGrafx 16, DOSBox, ScummVM, Atari, Jaguar, Lynx, CoCo, GameGear, 3DO, Atari, Arcade, Neo Geo, Neo Geo Pocket, and more.
Fenek PC Controller
- 2.4 GHz Wireless (more reliable in testing than Bluetooth)
- Hold home button to toggle Xinput or DirectInput (may need to do this when turning on your system)
- Recognized as an Xbox controller in Xinput mode on PC
- 15 button plus D-pad and dual analog – L1, L2, R1, R2 not pictured
- 600 mAh rechargeable battery
- Micro USB
- When used with a PC, be sure the dongle is above the table – USB 2 is preferred, but USB 3 works
NOTE: The system works best with one wireless controller and wired controllers for the additional players.
We are in no way affiliated with the Batocera or RetroArch team.
Regarding the Batocera Software
Update cores at your own risk. The software has many emulator cores pre-installed. If you experiment by downloading additional cores and wish to restore the defaults, simple rename the “cores” folder to “cores.old”.
We highly recommend that you do not go into the menu and enable advanced options. This will only cause trouble and break things for most of you. The advanced tasks like adding new bios files and fussing with roms can be done through ssh, ftp, or over the network or even with an SD card.
For more info on how to use the software, please go here: https://batocera.org/